Bel Impex is FSSC 22000 certified. We are very proud of that and we are committed to maintaining it. We also work with producers who are Global G.A.P. certified. This way we provide and maintain safe production and transportation of our products for humans, animals and the environment.
FSSC stands for Food Safety System Certification. It is an internationally recognized food safety certification for all manufacturing industries in the food sector. The certification applies to the entire foodchain; all companies and individuals involved in the production, transport and packaging of our products have to meet these the standards.
Most important: Each part of the foodchain is safe for humans and animals.
To be sure, we must meet these requirements:
- All persons and companies in the foodchain must work according to the terms of a hygienic environment and production.
- We have to detect, indentify, communicate and elliminate potential dangers in the food chain that may be harmful in any way to the consumer.
- Communication is an essential part of the certification. All suppliers and relevant parts of the foodchain must be made aware of safety and risks.
In addition, we ensure that all parts of the foodchain:
- meet specified requirements.
- are known and are described in the appropriate assessment documents.
- are managed in accordance with the requirements of the technical specifications for our industry.
- supervise their staff and comply with the requirements set for food safety.
- take into account any legal requirements in the field of prohibited substances.
- participate in announced but unplanned audits which comply with the requirements of the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
- implement a system which analyzes the input which is of interest to the food safety. The analyzes are performed according to standards equivalent to the standards set out in ISO 17025.
Download our FSSC22000 certificate: BelImpex-FSSC22000
Source: Translation www.fssc22000.com.
Global G.A.P. stands for Good Agricultural Practices. We want to work with companies that have this certificate. If we find a good supplier, who does not have this certificate, we help them to make the adjustments so that they can become Global G.A.P. certified.
It’s a global organization that controls all stages of production. Pre-harvest, soil management, safety, recycling, product handling, packing and storage. They make a stand for safe and sustainable agriculture. Now and in the future. So that future generations can continue to work the land and consumers can buy products with peace of mind.
To be Global G.A.P. certified, companies must meet their requirements in terms of:
- Health, safety and welfare of employees
- Regular internal assessments
- Disclosure on cooperating parties
- Waste and pollution management
- Environment and its preservation
- Dealing with complaints
- Recall Procedures
- Food Protection
- Traceability of products
- Use of fertilization
- Integrated pest control
- Tools and methods which are used during the whole productionproces
- Quality checks
- Soil Conservation
View www.globalgap.org for all specific requirements our suppliers must meet.